Take Off Opportunity 2021
Click Here for the Information Pack
In light of our expanding programme and partnership, In Good Company are increasing the support on offer for writers across the region. This writing development opportunity aims to support writers in their careers to get feedback, raise their profile, connect them with opportunities and organisations; and support them to help themselves in the future.
This opportunity is for a writer, based in the Midlands, who is developing a new piece of work. It incorporates the following:
- £1000 writer’s fee
- Opportunity to workshop the piece with a director
- Opportunity to workshop the piece with two actors
- A week of rehearsal space at Arena Theatre with informal sharing
- A week of rehearsal space at Nottingham Playhouse with an informal sharing.
What We Are Looking For
- A completed script lasting 45-60 minutes (although this may not be the final draft).
- For 1-2 actors.
- A writer who has some experience of writing for stage although may never have had a full production of their work.
- Someone who is willing to receive feedback on their writing and wanting to develop their craft significantly.
Deadline for applications: 12Noon on Friday 19 March 2021
Development Session: Wednesday 21st April 2021
Workshop week for shortlisted writer at Arena Theatre, Wolverhampton W/C 7th June 2021
Workshop week for shortlisted writer at Nottingham Playhouse W/C 14th June 2021